Purpose of the system
Provide a computer system using Microsoft Access to handle all of a Pizza Hut Delivery stores operations.
- System Analysis -- Using methods learned in CSCI 342 Systems Analysis and Design for gathering requirements for the system. This includes analyzing Pizza Huts current paper based system, creating Context and ER Diagrams, Normalization, and developing a Project Plan.
- System Design -- Practicing techniques learned in CSCI 342, CSCI 446 System Analysis and Design Project, and CSCI 343 Database. Design a database system using prototypes and the ER Diagram created in the previous phase.
- Implementation -- Creating the 21 tables, 8 queries, 38 forms, 4 reports, and 91 macros necessary to make everything work.
- Testing -- Running tests on each piece of the system created during implementation, as well as on the system as a whole once completed. This includes trying to handle as much data validation and error handling as possible.
- Documentation -- Providing a manual for the users that clearly explains each function of the system using a professional writing style developed in CSCI 448 System Development Management.
- Functional Areas -- The Pizza Hut Delivery Information System contains functional areas that include:
- Inventory Handles daily inventory transactions such as transfers with other stores and received shipments, as well as recording the weekly physical count of inventory.
- Time Clock -- Screen that functions as a time clock for hourly employees, and calculates the stores labor information.
- Order Taking -- Form for taking a customers order via phone or walk-in. Includes the ability to find a customer already in the system or add new customers. The user can then enter what kind of pizzas, drinks, and appetizers a customer want and the system calculates the price.
- Delivery Dispatch -- System to handle the assigning of particular delivery orders to a driver. This will keep track of all deliveries made by the driver and calculate how much they owe at the end of their shift.
- Cash Register -- A way to handle all of the stores daily cash transactions such as sales from carry out and delivery orders, bank deposits, and paid outs.
- Production -- Screen to show to the make line displaying orders that need to be made and giving them a way to mark the orders once completed.